PROGRESS TOWARD TENURE REVIEW (PTTR)
The College PTTR policy is posted at http://policy.ku.edu/CLAS/progress-toward-tenure-review-CLAS.
2019–20 evaluation cycle, College instructions
October 4, 2019
The application forms for the Progress Toward Tenure Review process, as well as the primary, authoritative instructions for that process, are posted on the “Progress Toward Tenure Review” page at KU’s central Faculty Development website: http://facultydevelopment.ku.edu/progress-toward-tenure-review. The following instructions are specific to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. There are no major changes from last year’s instructions.
- The candidate (the faculty member undergoing the PTTR) should provide the required files to the candidate’s department (or primary unit, for faculty members with joint appointments) in accordance with the department’s procedure for evaluating PTTR candidates.
- The department should complete the initial-level evaluation document.
- The department chair or other department officer should copy the electronic files of the dossier (both the candidate-produced files and the department-produced file) to a flash drive that is labeled with the candidate’s name, using a sticker, tag, or other item that will remain securely attached during and after continued use of the drive. (If a department has two or more candidates, the same flash drive may be used for all of that department’s dossiers). The dossier may also include physical materials such as books.
- The department chair or other department officer should submit the flash drive (and any physical materials such as books) to the College Dean’s Office.
- The deadline for submission is 12 noon on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
- To schedule a time for submission, the department chair or other department officer should email Jill Mignacca at email@example.com at least a day or two in advance.
- In years prior, some instructions stated that files should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email account will not be used in this process.
- After the files of the candidate’s dossier are transferred to the cloud service being used for the PTTR process this year, the department chair or other department officer will be invited to retrieve the flash drive.
- Applications will be evaluated by the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure (http://collegedean.ku.edu/resources/governance/ccapt).
Questions may be directed to:
- Ben Eggleston, Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs – email@example.com
- Jill Mignacca, Administrative Affairs Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
2019–20 evaluation cycle, Provost’s Office open meeting
October 3, 2019
The Provost’s Office has announced that its university-wide open meeting for the 2019–20 PTTR process is scheduled for Monday, October 28, at 4 p.m., in Alderson Auditorium, in the Kansas Union. Immediately after the university-wide meeting, a breakout session for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences will be held in a nearby room.