PROGRESS TOWARD TENURE REVIEW (PTTR)
CLAS instructions for the 2018–19 evaluation cycle
October 10, 2018
The application forms for the Progress Toward Tenure Review process, as well as the primary, authoritative instructions for that process, are posted on the “Progress Toward Tenure Review” page at KU’s central Faculty Development website: http://facultydevelopment.ku.edu/pttr. The following instructions are specific to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- The candidate (the faculty member undergoing the PTTR) should provide the required files to the candidate’s department (or primary unit, for faculty with joint appointments) in accordance with the department’s procedure for evaluating PTTR candidates.
- The department should complete the initial-level evaluation document.
- The department chair or other department officer should copy the electronic files of the dossier (both the candidate-produced files and the department-produced file) to a flash drive that is labeled with the candidate’s name, using a sticker, tag, or other element that will remain securely attached during and after continued use of the drive. (If a department has two or more candidates, the same flash drive may be used for all of that department’s dossiers). The dossier may also include physical materials such as books.
- The department chair or other department officer should submit the flash drive and any other components of the candidate’s dossier to the CLAS Dean’s Office.
- The deadline for submission is 12 noon on Friday, February 1, 2019.
- To schedule a time for the submission of the flash drive and any other materials, the department chair or other department officer should email Jill Mignacca at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a day or two in advance.
- Previously posted instructions stated that files should be emailed to email@example.com. This email account will not be used in this process, though it will be monitored by Ms. Mignacca since it was previously announced as part of this process.
- After the files of the candidate’s dossier are transferred to the cloud service being used in the PTTR process this year, the department chair or other department officer will be invited to retrieve the flash drive.
- Applications will be evaluated by the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure (http://collegedean.ku.edu/resources/governance/ccapt).
The following document provides relevant background information:
- the CLAS PTTR statement posted at http://policy.ku.edu/CLAS/progress-toward-tenure-review-CLAS
Questions may be directed to: