See the College's PTR policy for more information.
2023–24 Evaluation Cycle, College Instructions
posted March 9, 2023 by Jill Mignacca, Faculty Hiring & Promotion Manager
- The faculty member being evaluated does the following:
- Downloads the Faculty Member Statement Word file and completes it
- Prepares an up-to-date C.V.
- Saves each document as a PDF file in accordance with the naming instructions given in the Word file for the Faculty Member Statement
- Provides both documents to the chair of the unit committee
- The chair of the unit committee does the following:
- Downloads the Unit Committee Report Word file and completes it
- Saves that document as a PDF file in accordance with the naming instructions given in the Word file
- Provides the two faculty-member documents (the Faculty Member Statement and the C.V.) and the Unit Committee Report to the chair or director of the unit
- The chair or director of the unit does the following:
- Downloads the Chair/Director Evaluation Summary Word file and completes it
- Saves that document as a PDF file in accordance with the naming instructions given in that Word file
- Compiles the faculty member's annual evaluation letters from the past six years and saves them as one PDF file named Lastname, Firstname PTR 2023 Annual Evaluation Letters.pdf
- Adds any accompanying letters (in cases of disagreement)
- Emails all five (or more) PDF files to Jill Mignacca at firstname.lastname@example.org on Wednesday, March 6, 2024
- Unlike dossiers for promotion and tenure, PTR dossiers do not include copies of student evaluations of teaching, publications or external evaluation letters.
The Dean's Evaluation Summary will be completed by the dean and a copy will be provided to the faculty member before the entire PTR dossier is forwarded to the Provost's Office.
Questions may be directed to:
- Jill Mignacca, Faculty Hiring & Promotion Manager - email@example.com
- Maria Orive, Associate Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
Change of Associate Dean
posted February 7, 2022, by Ben Eggleston, Associate Dean
Effective with the remainder of the 2021-22 evaluation cycle, and for future evaluation cycles, the Associate Dean overseeing this process in the College is Alesha Doan.
Revision of College PTR Policy
November 13, 2019:
The College’s Post-tenure Review policy was revised today, in accordance with revisions approved by the College Academic Council yesterday. Most of the changes were minor textual edits. The most significant change was the removal of the College PTR forms from the Policy Library, reflecting our current practice of housing the forms on the College’s website instead.