Progress Toward Tenure Review (PTTR)
The College PTTR policy is posted at https://policy.ku.edu/CLAS/progress-toward-tenure-review-CLAS.
revision of CLAS policy
posted January 14, 2022, by Ben Eggleston, Associate Dean
Today the “Joint Appointments and the Progress Toward Tenure Review” section of the CLAS PTTR policy was revised. The main purpose of the revision was to replace “The primary unit is responsible for … [c]ollecting the evaluation materials from the … secondary unit” with “The materials that are required of each unit … are submitted by the respective units to the College Dean’s Office,” though other verbiage was also rewritten to improve clarity and concision.
2021–22 evaluation cycle, College instructions for preparation and submission of dossiers
posted October 25, 2021, by Ben Eggleston, Associate Dean
The application forms for the Progress Toward Tenure Review process, as well as the primary, authoritative instructions for that process, are provided on the “Progress Toward Tenure Review” page at KU’s central Faculty Development website: http://facultydevelopment.ku.edu/progress-toward-tenure-review. The following instructions are specific to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. There are no major changes from last year’s instructions.
- The candidate (the faculty member undergoing the PTTR) should provide the required files to the candidate’s department (or primary unit, for faculty members with joint appointments) in accordance with the department’s procedure for evaluating PTTR candidates.
- The department should complete the initial-level evaluation document.
- The department chair or other department officer should submit the files to the College Dean’s Office.
- The deadline for submission is 12 noon on Thursday, February 3, 2022.
- Files should be sent to Jill Mignacca at email@example.com either as email attachments or using KU’s OneDrive for Business service.
- Because the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure will be conducting its work remotely, it is not anticipated that non-electronic elements of candidates’ dossiers, such as physical copies of books, can be accommodated.
- Applications will be evaluated by the College Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Tenure (https://collegedean.ku.edu/college-committee-appointments-promotion-and-tenure-ccapt)
Questions may be directed to: